Someone in my PLN ( I can’t remember who!) suggested asking our students to complete this sentence: ‘I wish you would notice….’ It was great to see those flashes of inside. Here are a few responses:
I wish you would notice:
- that sometimes I lose my focus and go into my own little world.
- how hard I try in math.
- that I am very friendly and funny, even though I seem really quiet.
- that I freak out if someone asks me a question.
- it’s hard for me to sit still because I have to keep talking to people A LOT! (this one I knew already!)
- that I always keep my desk neat.
- that sometimes I might work really hard on something and sometimes I may not.
- I like to write with pens instead of pencils. (written in pen)
- that I love to draw.
- that I am very organized.
- that I really love to work on computers.
- that I work very hard in school and that I have a messy desk. I’m sorry!
Give it a try!